The Aeronautical Mechanics Apprenticeship Program prepares participants for successful careers in aeronautical and maintenance programs in the Puerto Rico’s aerospace cluster. Participants acquire balanced theoretical study and practical hands-on laboratory experience complemented with soft skills to increase work performance and to become responsible global citizens.
- For further information
- An ability to perform all tasks on all types according to their certification level and training.
- The ability to correctly complete all required documentation, in compliance with company and federal and international regulations that apply, for aircraft release according to their certification level and responsibility.
- The ability to inspect and attest work performed by lower level mechanics within their area in cases which applies.
- Minimum qualifications required for persons entering the Apprenticeship Program, with an eligible starting age not less than 18 years.
- High School Diploma, General Educational Development (GED) equivalency or other high school equivalency credential. Applicant must provide an official transcript(s) of high school or higher education program. Applicant must submit the GED certificate of other high school equivalency credential, if applicable.
- Fluent in English (speak and read).
- Available to travel outside of Puerto Rico, if required.
- Applicants will be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the Apprenticeship Program, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others.
For further information please complete the Request of Information Form